How to Turn Closed Captioning On or Off on Fios TV
By using the internet service, Fios permits you to watch all your favorite TV shows and movies in a few minutes. In case you are not able to understand any line of your favorite TV show, then you can use the Closed Captioning feature on your Fios TV. Here's how to turn Closed Captioning on or off on Fios TV.
Steps to Turn Captioning On or Off on Fios TV
- Pick up your remote of Fios TV.
- Open the Settings tab through the arrow key provided on the Fios TV remote.
- After that, go to the Accessibility window.
- You will get the third option in the top of the menu list below the Settings tab.
- Slide to the right-hand side of the main menu.
- Choose the Closed Captions option for accessing all the options which are available now on the screen.
- The menu list of all the closed captioning may look for the complex at once, but the option you are searching for is Service Selection option.
- You will get this option under the "Press Ok to change Closed Captioning preferences" option.
- Type Service Selection in the context menu.
- Choose any Closed Captioning profiles such as CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, and many more.
- If the subtitles are in the English language, then it will work right with the CC1 and CC2.
- In case there is any other language, then it will work well with CC3.
- There are six closed captioning profiles on your Fios TV.
- After choosing the language, click on the OK button on the Fios TV remote to verify.
- After that, click on the arrow key given on the right-hand side to tick mark the Save button.
- Again verify by pressing on the OK option.
- Once you have clicked on the Save button, Closed Captioning option starts showing at the end of the display.
- In case you wish to turn off Closed Captioning, then return to the context menu of the Closed Captioning.
- After that, choose the Disable option.
Steps for Customising Closed Captioning Settings on Your Fios TV
- Go to the Closed Captioning window with the Fios TV remote.
- Now, you will get the extensive menu list of all the options which are available now.
- This procedure will take a few minutes to get complete on your Fios TV.
- Go to the options using the arrow keys.
- Click on the OK button to choose the option which you want to.
- Fios permits you to adjust three Closed Captioning functions like font, window, and background.
- You can change the color of the window and background.
- You will get five font settings like font edge type, opacity, color, and size.
- You need to go to the right-hand side and choose the Save option if you are choosing the options one at a time.
- Now you have successfully turned on the Closed Captioning on your Fios TV.
Isabella is an Engineer turned writer who covers technological innovations and science. In addition to writing for her printer support blog and IT support services blogs, she has written tips and tricks, whitepapers, essays, and guides. Her favorite topics are brother printer, epson printer support, hp printer support, etc.
- Jun 21 , 2019