How to Set up a Nintendo Account Family Group
In case you and your family use the same Nintendo Switch, and you are looking for a way to leverage Nintendo Switch Online, then there are a couple of options. While each member of the family can set up their individual account, they can also set up a family account and save bucks by availing the Nintendo Switch Online's family membership.
Start by creating individual Nintendo accounts for all the members of the family
Well, before you start with the Family Group, ensure that all the family members have a Nintendo Account. Follow the guidelines below to create a new Nintendo account.
- Go to the Home screen of the Nintendo Switch.
- Visit eShop.
- Select the User profile.
- Now, choose the option called Link a Nintendo Account when prompted to log in.
- Click on the blue colored Create a new account button.
- In the Nintendo Account Creation screen, select the option for sending account-creation instructions via email.
- Type in your email ID.
- Open your inbox from your computer or phone.
- Click on the Nintendo email and then visit the link mentioned in the message.
- Click on Add an account for myself.
- In case the family member is a child, then click on Add account for a child.
- Key in all the details required to create a Nintendo account.
- Hit the submit button.
- On your Nintendo Switch, enter the confirmation code and select OK.
- Continue to the next screen.
Invite Family Members to Join the Group
- Visit www.accounts.nintendo.com and log in.
- Select Family Group and then choose Add Member.
- Select the option for inviting someone to the family group.
- Key in the email ID of the member you wish to add to your family group.
- Hit the Submit button.
Accepting initiations to join a Family Group
After sending the invite, the people invited will get an invitation through email.
- Open the inbox and click on the email sent by Nintendo.
- In case you use Gmail, then the message might be in the Social tab.
- Open the link mentioned in the mail.
- Click the Join Family Group button.
- Select the OK option.
How to Change Family Group Administrator
- Go to www.accounts.nintendo.com.
- Log in to your account.
- Select the Family Group option.
- Select Manage Family Group.
- Click the option for changing the family group admin.
- Hit the Submit button for verifying the email ID.
- Input the verification code and click the Submit button.
- Choose the person you want to make the Family Group administrator.
- Select the Confirm Change option.
How to remove someone from a Family Group
- Visit www.accounts.nintendo.com.
- Log in to your account.
- Visit the Family Group section.
- Click the option for managing Family Group.
- Select the option called Remove a Family Group member.
- Now, choose the person you wish to remove.
- Click on the Confirm button.
Isa Bella is a Engineer turned writer who covers technological innovations and science. In addition to writing for her printer support blog and IT support services blogs, she has written tips and tricks, whitepapers, essays, and guides. Her favorite topics are hp printer support, brother printer support, canon printer support, lexmark printer support, epson printer support etc.
- May 13 , 2019